The Beyond Organic Radio Show
   
 Listen
   
 Show Archive

 Insight Archive

 Show Podcast

 Insight Podcast

   
Hot Topics
  • GMOs
  • Obesity
  • Seafood
  • Organic Food


  • Quick Search



    Produced by

    Straus Communication

    Icile Network

    Click here to join our RSS feed

    Now Playing
    Program ID - bo060403


    Happy Hogs



    More than 70% of all the piggies raised in America are owned by one company: Smithfield. A small portion of the remaining 30% are owned by farmers like our guest Paul Willis. In today's show we 'll talk about non- industrial hog production, underlying issues, and ramifications for farmers, the animals and our diets.

    Tune is this week with host Jerry Kay, publisher of the Environmental News Network, as we explore this subject.


    This Week's Guests:

    Diane Halverson — Farm Animal Advisor, Animal Welfare Institute, Minnesota




    Paul Willis — Hog farmer and Manager, The Niman Ranch Pork Company, Thornton, Iowa




    Kevin Von Klause — Chef Partner, White Dog Café, Philadelphia, PA







    Resources for Journalists:

    Journalists who are interested in researching stories related to any Beyond Organic show topic are encouraged to contact Straus Communication for additional resources, including trend data, background materials, experts, statistics, images and more. The service is free.

    Please contact Michael Straus at 415-777-1170 x 302 or email for more information.


     


    Sponsors:











    © Straus Communications LLC 2000-2006       Copyrights & Trademarks